As I posted yesterday, what really helped me through the London Marathon on Sunday was dedicating a mile to different people who hold a special place in my heart. Here goes ….
1) Matthew Robbins – my Godson who is going to be christened in a few weeks time. Beginning of a wonderful little life
2) Sebastian – My cousin who was also running that day
3) Lu Lingzi – One of the spectators killed at the Boston Marathon
4) Hannah my niece – A beautiful and talented young woman about to take her GCSEs – a bright future awaits her
5) My Brother David – The most genuine person I know
6) Grampa – All round legend and head of the best family you could ever hope for
7) My cousin Matthew – Just about to start University – Whatever he does, this lad will go very far indeed
8) Kristel Campbell – Another spectator at the Boston Marathon
9) Jodie – A fantastic friend living in Canada who I wish I could see more often
10) Ellie & Alan – For just being the best friends anyone could wish to have
11) My Cousin Rose – An immensely talented young lady just about to finish uni and get into life
12) My sister Caroline – Really got behind this whole project with such enthusiasm and fantastic mother to Hannah (no4)
13) Martin Richards – the eight year boy old killed while watching his Dad finish the Boston Marathon
14) My Dad – Because he’s my Dad and just fantastic
15) Amy & Geoff – Soon to be married – wishing them the very best in married life
16) My cousin Austin and his fiancé Laura. Also soon to be married and wishing them a very happy future
17) The Boston Marathon
18) My Mum – Who flew over from Northern Ireland to come and cheer me on and who couldn’t have done more to support me in this endeavour
19) Becky – this was my ‘cramp’ mile so who better to dedicate it to than someone who causes me pain and irritation ONLY JOKING! My own Ms motivator who I love dearly
20) For my legs – just praying they would start working again!
21)To Sarah – One of my oldest friends who is taking on the Belfast Marathon in a few weeks
22) My Auntie Anne – my fairy Godmother who masterminded a huge fundraising event
23) My nephew Callum – Who told me he’d got a medal running at school very far and very fast – future marathoner?
24) The Griffin family in London and N. Ireland – Who got behind this 100%
25) Granny – Hoping every step was doing her proud. I had her picture pinned to my back and her broach pinned to my front. Whenever it got tough I looked at it, put my head down and kept going
26) Everyone who sponsored me or sent messages of support. I ran out of miles to mention everyone individually, and at this stage, I’m not prepared to do an ultra marathon to fit everyone in!
Other good things about the day – beating Katherine Jenkins and Ed Balls 🙂
Click here to find out why I was doing this and to sponsor the shuffle